September 17, 2015 – For 30 years Green Mountain Spinnery has been creating yarns of the highest quality, helping to sustain regional sheep farming, and developing environmentally sound ways to process natural fibers. Maureen Clark will be our guest and will showcase their designs and richly colored, must-touch classic and contemporary yarns.
October 15, 2015 – Deborah Newton: Good Measure: Knit a Perfect Fit Every Time
Workshop with Deborah Newton: 1-4pm $40
Your Measurements Meet the Schematic Drawing of your Sweater to be!
Join designer Deborah Newton for a workshop where we take our measurements and compare them to a schematic drawing in a sweater pattern Learn how to plan for a good fit before your start knitting your sweater:
- Learn what are your most crucial measurements for a good fit
- Learn how to take measurements the right way
- Learn how to study a pattern for good fit
- Learn what ease is, and how it affects fit
- Learn how to capture your measurements on paper in schematic form
- Learn how to adjust your pattern for a better fit, based on your person measurements.
- A soft cloth or soft plastic tape measure.
- Pencil and eraser
- A pattern you might be interested in making—make sure it shows a schematic drawing in the pattern.
November 19, 2015 – Our guest is Nicky Epstein, a world renowned knitwear designer, teacher and author of over 20 bestselling books. Her knitting and crochet books range from highly original resource books, to historical books, to travel books, to Barbie Doll books, to amazingly creative design fashion/pattern books. Her innovative, fashionable, whimsical and award winning designs have appeared in every major knitwear magazine, in museums and on television, and she has taught classes to knitters around the world and hosted many Vogue Knitting Tours.
Workshop with Nicky Epstein: 1-4pm $45
Reminder: If you took a kit to knit a hat for Caps for Kids, bring the hat to this meeting! The Community Outreach committee will be collecting all items to deliver to Dana-Farber in time for distribution in December.
** Date Change** – December 10, 2015 – Annual Holiday Party – Knitting and cookies! Deborah Newton will introduce her new book.
Guest Speakers and Work Shop Presenters
Ann Tucker Blake
Dr. Perri Klass