Community Outreach Program
- Hats of any size or design as it is believed there is a head for every hat.
- Scarves and mittens are also accepted as children have asked for them.
- Hats go to infants, toddlers and children up to age 18.
- If you provide matching sets please tie them together with yarn.
- Please do not use staples, clips, or safety pins on tags.
- Attach tags to outside of items.
- All items are distributed to local elementary schools, day care centers, family shelters, community and health centers.
- The deadline for delivery of items is November 30. Guild items are delivered throughout the year.
- Items include hats, booties, cardigans, and blankets.
- Sizes should be preemie, newborn, 1-3 mos, 3-6 mos.
- Items should be made with acrylic, nylon, or yarns either designated for babies or very soft fine yarn such as fingering weight. Yarn must be machine washable.
- If submitting matched sets please tie them together with yarn.
- Tags should be attached on outside–no clips, pins, or staples.
The Greater Boston Knitting Guild also supports Plimoth Plantation by creating reproduction knitwear for the 17th Century English Village and Mayflower II role players. (www.plimoth.org). We knit stockings, hats, gloves, garters, and pockets from authentic seventeenth century patterns. Guild members knit at the Plimoth Plantation visitor center and demonstrate works in progress.